Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


      www.flickr.com
      This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Kaitiaki. Make your own badge here.

      Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

24 weeks 3 days

Had a busy busy week this week!!! as usual!!
Mum and Ron arrived back from Tasmania on Monday so we went to Nans on Tuesday (where they are living at the moment) for dinner, we had yummy as food as normal Nan made a banquet!!!! It was delish!!! The kids had a ball, Kai's cousins Josh and Lill were there too and so they enjoyed themselves!!

We have had a few visits from them and it has been great to be able to also just pop in and see them!!!


My belly is getting bigger and bigger by the day and over the past hour that I have been at the computer the baby is kicking up a storm to the point I feel quite queasy!!!

I won a capsule on ebay which I am excited about!! I never had one with Kai but I think that it will be much easier when I am getting Kai in and out the car etc and it wont disturb the baby, it also doubles as a rocker/carrier so I think it will hopefully be quite useful!!!!


On Saturday morning we took Blake to the airport he was back to Christchurch to spend time with his Nan before he goes back to his mum in Whakatane. It was a really early start we were up at about 4.30am I think it was and it took me the entire weekend to recover from it!!!! All afternoon on Saturday I was in and out of sleep and Kai was the opposite he was charged all day!!! Sunday we didn't do too much either I went to gym for a while and Kai went with Mass and they got Ant Bully so he watched that, and explained the whole movie to me later!!!
Yesterday I worked and today we havent done too much, moved the computer out of the spare room so I am now in Kais playroom on the computer which I think is much better and Kai enjoys gasbagging away to me while he is playing!!!
I am organising my business stuff for my Doula Support Business getting a website designed etc, which is a whole new world but I must say keeping a blog has taught me a few things about scripts and stuff so will just carry on!!!! I have finally decided on a business name so have got my ABN and I am hopeing to get stuck right into the business after bubs and really get it out there and advertise. The midwife I see at the hospital is interested in the postnatal side of it and wants some pamphlets and business cards so with their feeding and sleep clinic down there hopefully it will gather some business.
I heard from the lady whom I was hopeing could be my doula although when I spoke to her a couple of months ago she wasnt' taking any clients ... I was thrilled to get a message the other day to say she is back on board and I am going to have a meeting with her in the next few weeks to discuss things!!! Such exciting news. I think the support would be fantastic especially considering I am trying for a VBAC in a rather hostile hospital setting and she is also an independant midwife so I will have great confidence in her ability to support and encourge me in my decisions.
Not too much else to report I have my next visit with the midwife on the the 7th of February. Thankfully with this cooler weather my ankles have returned to me!!!
The other night I felt the baby had hiccups it was quite funny and gave me the giggles in the end. I am sure Kai probably did it in the womb also but this was quite deffinate and rythmic!!! Very cute.!!!
FACTS
The baby weighs more than 600 grams. Though he/she still has little body fat and his/her skin is thin and fragile, he's/she's now well-proportioned. The brain is growing rapidly, and he/she is starting to fill the space in your uterus. From crown to heel s/he could measure 30 centimetres.

Comments on "24 weeks 3 days"

 

post a comment