Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


      www.flickr.com
      This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Kaitiaki. Make your own badge here.

      Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

19 weeks 3 days

WOW where is this pregnancy going!!!!!

It seems with Kaitiaki I was pregnant for an eternity but I think this one is going so fast which is a real bummer as I am enjoying it particularly with no morning sickness or anything apart from the odd episode of heartburn..!!!


SOOOOOO I had my first scan on Monday and it was amazing well worth the wait. Bubs measured 3 days different from my dates which is no real biggie!! I also got the video with all the 3D scan as well and here is a pic of the muppet..


The hands up near the face is just Kai all over when he was born!!! and bubs is snuggling it's face into the placenta on the left there!! Bubs looks a bit malnourished but I am working on that over the coming weeks!!!

I spoke to a friend from school today who is also pregnant 10 weeks CONGRATS STACE!!! So that is exciting only 9 weeks difference will be nice to have bubs close in age!

I also went for my booking in appointment at the hospital which was a bit brief but next appointment is an ante-natal appt on the 10th of January which will be more in depth I think!!! I am having my ante-natal care at my local hospital although I cant birth there due to being high risk so I will be travelling up to the bigger, over-worked, run off you feet, rushed hospital !!! We are going to go there for a tour in the next few weeks, even though I birthed Kai there, it was never planned and I was admitted very quickly when I got sick so I didn't really know my options and being 41 weeks I didn't really want any other option than the baby OUT!!!!!

I am also going on the notion I have a 42 week pregnancy so I think that will take the pressure off me a bit as the first time round I was set on 40 weeks so when it went by I was very inpatient!!!

Kai is still convinced he has a baby in his belly and it is really hard to talk him around!!! I have explained that mummy's tummy has to get big big and then the baby will be big enough to give cuddles. So every morning he has woken up saying 'Mummy your tummy is big' So adorable!! He was amazed by the video of the ultrasound especially the 3D parts! Took him a little while to click on but he sussed out that is a video of the baby..!! He thinks it is a boy 'bruffa' which I think it may be too... and Massey gets that feeling also!!!! and Massey was right about Kai from day 1 !! hehe we will see !!!!

I have totally gone off coffee from about 3 or more a day to zip, nada, none.. I just dont really want one and no other reason!!! so its been a week and I have had the worst splitting headache for the entire time I wake up with it and go to bed with it.. It has been horrible although a week later I must say it is going away. I am having the odd cup of tea now and then which I am enjoying, very strange!. I am going to try and substitute it with increasing my water intake as I am sure that is much better for bubs and I !!!! Gave up smoking in the last pregnancy and this one looks like it will be coffee!!!!!!! hehehe

Well thats about it for the moment...

Facts:

A protective coating called vernix caseosa begins to form on your baby's skin.

Your uterus has grown well into your abdomen -- the top of it probably reaches your belly button. From now on it will grow at about a centimetre per week.

Fingers and toes have formed and the skin is covered with lanugo.

Comments on "19 weeks 3 days"

 

post a comment